Cardamom essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds inside of the cardamom pod and is known as being one of the most expensive cooking spices. Cardamom essential oil is similar to Ginger essential oil in that it is invigorating and great for your digestive system. There are so many wonderful ways to use Cardamom essential oil around the home. Check out the top 10 ways to use Cardamom essential oil below:
1. Cardamom essential oil is great for the digestive system and can help relieve constipation or a stomach ache. Take internally in a veggie cap or apply directly onto your stomach to calm the storm.
2. The high amount of linalool in Cardamom essential oil not only helps give it a delicate aroma, but also helps reduce stress, anger, and tension. This is a great oil to diffuse when you are feeling stressed and anxious.
3. Cardamom essential oil was recently added to Breathe Respiratory Blend because of it’s amazing capability to help open up airways. Rub on your chest the next time you are having difficulty breathing from feeling unwell, being out of breath from exercising, or experiencing difficulty breathing (NEVER replace essential oils with medications. Essential oils are to be used in conjunction with medications as a complementary agent).
4. I love putting Cardamom essential oil in my diffuser blends. My favorite is my Wake Up and Renew Blend with 2 drops Cardamom, 2 drops Peppermint, and 2 drops Frankincense essential oil.
5. Rub Cardamom essential oil on your chest or diffuse when you are congested to help clear your mucous and help you breathe.
6. I LOVE baking and cooking with Cardamom essential oil. When I was an employee at doTERRA, my team and I made these amazing Hearty Oatmeal Molasses Dinner Rolls with Cardamom Essential Oil and they were HEAVENLY! They are buttery, soft, healthy, and the Cardamom essential oil adds the perfect amount of spice and flavor. I make these when I have company coming over for dinner and they are always a huge hit. Seriously though, you need to make these ASAP. Here is the recipe.
7. Cardamom essential oil can help soothe muscle discomfort. Rub Cardamom on topically to relieve any discomfort and inflammation.
8. The aroma of Cardamom essential oil can help relieve mental fatigue and tiredness. Clear your mind and get rid of fatigue by rubbing Cardamom on your temples, back of neck, and over your heart.
9. Do you know someone with chronic bad breath? Unfortunately, it can happen even to the best of us. Thankfully, Cardamom essnential oil is wonderful at taming bad odor and can be taken internally to help your breath be not so stinky. It’s worth a shot!
10. Along with Cardadmom essential oil being good for bad breath, it is also great at getting rid of any odors that may be lurking around your home. I like diffusing Cardamom after I burned something in the kitchen which then stinks up my whole house. It not only helps get rid of the gross burnt smell but it also leaves an uplifting, relaxing, and invigorating aroma.