Clary Sage essential oil is a balancing, floral, and feminine oil. The Clary Sage plant is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. It is steam distilled from the flower and contains properties that are excellent for women’s health. Clary Sage essential oil can be used to help with anything from PMS, to menstrual cramps, to childbirth, to breastfeeding, to postpartum depression, to hot flashes, to menopause.
Check out the top 10 ways to use Clary Sage essential oil:
1. Clary Sage can help regulate estrogen levels and is great for people with endometriosis. Take internally in capsule to help estrogen levels and promote healthy cells.
2. The main chemical component of Clary Sage essential oil is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils.
3. Breastfeeding moms can use Clary Sage to help increase a low milk supply. Just apply topically to each breast.
4. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. Spot treat or apply to your daily moisturizer for anti-aging and acne fighting properties. Hello hormonal acne! Try it in this DIY Healing Face Mask.
5. Are you wanting to get a boob job? Try Clary Sage essential first! It can help enlarge breasts naturally when applied topically to each breast.
6. Use Clary Sage essential oil to help induce child labor! Apply topically down the spine and abdomen to help bring on labor. Also, if you are pregnant, do not use Clary Sage.
7. Clary Sage essential oil can be used to balance emotions and help induce feelings of enlightenment and rejuvenation. Use it in diffuser blends to help relax and calm down after a long day. Try it in this Love Potion #9 Diffuser Blend.
8. Rub on stomach during your menstrual period to help with cramps. It is amazing and is why it is the top ingredient used in doTERRA’s Clary Calm Monthly Blend for Women.
9. Use Clary Sage essential oil to help fight insomnia and give you a restful nights sleep. Use in a diffuser in your bedroom, rub on the bottoms of feet, or put a couple drops on your pillow before bed for the best nights sleep you’ve ever had.
10. I love using Clary Sage essential oil in my hair because it helps to add shine and health. Clary Sage would be the perfect addition to add to this DIY Deep Hair Conditioner for Dry, Damaged Hair.
Fun Fact: Clary Sage is derived from Latin meaning “clear eyes”. Medieval monks favored it for eye troubles.