Is there anything better then the aroma of Eucalyptus? I think not. There is just something so amazing about taking a big whiff of fresh Eucalyptus and having your airways any any congestion you have had open up immediately. It feels like I am breathing in the freshest air the world has to offer. There are many great ways you can use Eucalyptus essential oil. Check out the top 10 ways I like to use it below:
1. Use to help clear up congestion, cold, or a cough. Apply a small amount under your nose or on your chest. You can also put it in the diffuser.
2. Take Eucalyptus essential oil with you to the gym or on a long hike. I live in Utah where we are super high in elevation. I love going on runs and hikes in the mountains but it can sometimes be near impossible to catch your breath because the air is so thin. I like to apply Eucalyptus on my chest before I workout because it allows me to get a fuller breath of air allowing me to keep me to exercise harder. I’m telling ya, it really does make a huge difference!
3. Eucalyptus is great for earaches! Dilute and apply behind your outer ear and bone for quick relief.
4. Eucalyptus essential oil is cooling to your skin and can help reduce a fever. Mix with Peppermint essential oil and rub on temples and spine to help lower fevers.
5. Do you suffer from Asthma? Eucalyptus essential may be a great help! Whenever you are experiencing shortness of breath, rub Eucalyptus essential oil on your chest. You should be able to feel it immediately open up your airways. Of course, you should never replace Eucalyptus with an inhaler if you have a prescription from a doctor. Eucalyptus should just be used in conjunction with any medication you may be on.
6. The aroma of Eucalyptus is incredibly enlivening. When you need some mental energy and clarity, diffuse Eucalyptus! I love putting it in the diffuser with Peppermint essential oil.
7. Do you make your own All-Purpose Spray yet? If not, you really REALLY need to! Eucalyptus essential oil is great to use in your spray. Eucalyptus’s antibacterial and disinfecting properties are great to use to help clean your home.
8. Dust mite problem? Add 20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to a 8-ounce spray bottle filled with water and spray on surfaces to help repel them.
9. Eucalyptus’s cooling sensation is also great to use on sore muscles. Apply to muscles after a hard workout to help ease the soreness.
10. Wake up and get motivated and energized by placing 5 drops Motivate and 2 drops Eucalyptus into a diffuser. It will immediately help stimulate your senses to get up and get going.
Another cool fact about Eucalyptus is that it used to be widely used in World War 1 to help control infections and influenza.