Fennel is a member of the carrot family and is a flowering perennial herb that has yellow flowers and feathery leaves. Fennel has a long ancient history due to Roman soldiers consuming Fennel to make them strong and ready for battle. Today, Fennel is often used in Indian cooking and is most notable for its strong licorice flavor and its ability to help the digestive system and calm an upset stomach. Check out the top 10 ways to use Fennel essential oil:
1. Fennel essential oil is wonderful for digestion and can immensely help with nausea, colic, indigestion, and flatulence. Take internally or rub on stomach for relief. Note: Make sure to dilute if using on an infant or sensitive skin!
2. PMS anyone? Fennel essential oil can help with mood swings, cramps, and bloating. Can I get a hallelujah?! Just take internally or rub on stomach.
3. Rub Fennel essential oil on cramping muscles for relief. Good for after a run or workout.
4. One of the top ways I hear people using Fennel essential oil is for breastfeeding or low milk supply. You can do this by either taking internally or rubbing on breasts. Every moms best friend!
5. Because Fennel essential oil can help with respiratory and lung health, it is great to use when you are experiencing a cough or congestion. Dilute and apply to chest and throat as needed.
6. Fight sweet tooth cravings with Fennel! Just put a drop on your tongue to help kick away any sweet-tooth urges.
7. As well as helping to satisfy sweet-tooth cravings, Fennel essential oil can also help relieve hunger pains! Just rub on stomach or take internally to help curb hunger as needed.
8. Fennel essential oil in wonderful to cook with! Try adding to your sauces, soups, or even desserts! Just do a quick search of “Fennel” on Pinterest for tons of cooking ideas!
10. Fennel essential oil is also great to use to help balance your emotions. Just place in the diffuser or smell from the bottle to gain motivation and energy.