Grapefruit essential oil has always been one of my favorites. It is cold-pressed from the grapefruit rind and is sweet, fresh, and gives you that perfect citrus aroma. Grapefruit originally got its name because it grows in clusters on trees and resembles the appearance of grapes. Check out the top 10 ways to use Grapefruit essential oil:
1. The uplifting aroma of Grapefruit oil can help uplift and balance your mood. Perfect for those days when you are feeling a little down.
2. Use on your skin to help with acne/oily skin. I like to put a drop or two in my moisturizer when I have a breakout.
3. Grapefruit essential oil can help curb sweet-tooth cravings. Diffuse or add to a glass of water when the sugary cravings hit.
4. The aroma of Grapefruit can help clear and balance your mind. Diffuse or apply to your temples when you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
5. Grapefruit can help boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss. It is one of the main oils in the doTERRA Slim & Sassy oil and can be helpful when trying to loose a few pounds. Just take in a glass of water or apply topically to areas of concern to help break down and wash away fat.
6. Grapefruit essential oil can also be used as a cellulite treatment. HALLELUJAH! I like adding a few drops to my doTERRA Spa Unscented Hand & Body Lotion and rubbing it over my problem areas after I get out of the shower.
7. Most citrus oils can help detox the body, and Grapefruit essential oil is no different. Rub on bottoms of feet or take internally for an overall detox.
8. I LOVE diffusing Grapefruit essential oil because it adds such a sweet and inviting aroma. It pairs with just about any other essential oil too. Try it in my Fruity Pebbles Diffuser Blend and Right Side of the Bed Diffuser Blend.
9. Use Grapefruit essential oil when energy levels are low. I like adding 1 drop Grapefruit, 1 drop Peppermint, and 1 drop Frankincense to the palms of my hands and cupping it over my nose while deeply inhaling to help give me a pick-me-up after a long and stressful day. After inhaling, I rub the oils on the back of my neck. You will notice increased energy and a better mood immediately.
10. Did someone say hangover. 😉 While I personally don’t drink alcohol, I have heard that grapefruit works wonders when you have had too much to drink and are suffering the next day. Whenever you are experiencing a hangover, take 2-3 drops of Grapefruit in a capsule or in a cup of water and let it do its magic. Let me know if you try this and if it worked!