Helichrysum essential oil (or HEALichrysum as I like to call it) is the perfect name for this oil because it is so wonderful at healing. Helichrysum italicum is a small perennial herb with narrow, silver leaves and flowers that form a cluster of golden yellow, ball-shaped blossoms. The name “Helichrysum” is derived from the Greek “helios” meaning sun and “chrysos” meaning gold, referring to the color of the flowers. Helichrysum has been used in herbal health practices since ancient Greece and the oil is highly valued and sought after for its many health benefits. Helichrysum is best known for its restorative properties to the skin. Also referred to as the Everlasting or Immortal Flower, Helichrysum is used in anti-aging products for its rejuvenating benefits to the skin. Helichrysum can help reduce the appearance of blemishes, and it promotes a glowing, youthful complexion.
Check out the top 10 ways to use Helichrysum essential oil:
1. Use Helichrysum essential oil to stop bleeding and to help blood coagulate. This is great for nose bleeds, cuts, scrapes, etc.
2. To help your nose stop bleeding when you have a nose bleed, apply topically over the bridge of your nose.
3. Use on your skin to help get rid of stretch marks and wrinkles. I like adding it to my daily moisturizer.
4. I also love to use Helichrysum essential oil on my skin blemishes. I used it everyday when I had my thyroid removed to help heal the nasty skin imperfection across my neck. It made all the difference in reducing the redness and helping it to heal quickly.
5. Helichrysum essential oil can help with tinnitis and earaches. When you have an earache, rub a drop of Helichrysum behind your hear to help calm spasms and inflammation.
6. Take Helichrysum internally to help with alcohol and heavy metal toxicity. Helichrysum essential oil can help promote a healthy liver and pancreas.
8. Along with helping with wrinkles, stretch marks, and other signs of aging, Helichrysum is equally as wonderful to use on blemishes and acne. The first thing I do when I have a new zit coming through is put Helichrysum essential oil on it. It immediately helps get rid of the redness and stops the zit from growing any bigger.
9. Helichrysum essential oil is wonderful to use when you need help balancing emotions. Diffuse or apply topically to pulse points to help promote feelings of healing, regenerating, and reassurance.
10. Rub Helichrysum along with Lemon and Sandalwood essential oil on your chest to help with a cough and congestion.