Juniper Berry essential oil is one of my favorite ‘tree’ essential oils for many reasons! Not only is it great for your emotions, but is can also help with your kidney and urinary health, inflammation, detoxing, acne, anti-aging, cleaning, and more! It is steam distilled from the berries of the Juniper Berry coniferous tree and can be used in so many different ways. Check out the top 10 ways I like to use Juniper Berry essential oi:
1. Juniper Berry is wonderful for liver health. Take 1-2 drops internally to help cleanse and support your liver.
2. Acne sucks. Even as an adult I get the occasional zit and it drives me crazy. Juniper Berry essential oil is great for your skin and especially for acne! Just put a small amount on your acne after you wash it to help clear up your skin. You can thank me later. 🙂
3. Juniper Berry essential oil is extremely cleansing due to its high amount of alpha-pinene chemical constituents. To help cleanse and detox your body, just take 1-2 drops of Juniper Berry internally.
4. Juniper Berry essential oil is wonderful for your emotions. The clean, uplifting, and fresh aroma help you to feel awake, energized, uplifted, and refreshed. Try diffusing it the next time you are in need of a pick-me-up.
5. Sabinene is one of the main chemeical components of Juniper Berry as is noted by many aromatherapists for its anti-inflammatory effects. For some relief, rub Juniper Berry over your aches and pains.
6. Urinary tract infection, anyone? Juniper Berry is excellent at helping with urinary health. Just take internally and rub over your lower stomach to help.
7. Due to the uplifting aroma of Juniper Berry, it is great at helping to reduce tension and stress. When you are feeling a little stressed out, try diffusing Juniper Berry essential oil. You can try combining it with Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, or Cypress for additional mood-boosting properties.
8. I don’t drink alcohol, but I just recently learned that Gin is made from Juniper Berries! Looking for a wonderful Gin & Tonic diffuser blend? Place 2 drops Juniper Berry, 2 drops Coriander, 2 drops Lemon, 2 drops Cardamom, and 2 drops Lime into your diffuser and enjoy.
9. Create your own freshening spray. Simply combine a couple of drops of Juniper Berry essential oil with water in a spray bottle and use to cleanse any area that needs it. This spray can be used to freshen a linen closet, mattress, car, or the air. Juniper Berry oil has natural cleansing benefits that make it a great essential oil for purifying and freshening.
10. Add a drop of Juniper Berry to your skin’s moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and even skin tone. Plus, the aroma will help waken up your senses and will help you smell good throughout the day. Win win!