Lemongrass essential oil has an aroma that is love/hate. I’m not going to lie, for years I had a hard time with this oil. It just didn’t settle well with me. However, my husband has been obsessed with Lemongrass from day one. In fact, it is still his go-to to put in a diffuser. Thankfully, I now enjoy the aroma of Lemongrass. It is soothing to me and smells like candy (Lemonheads to be exact). Even better, Lemongrass has many incredible benefits that range from blood pressure to joint pain. Check out the top 10 ways to use Lemongrass essential oil.
1. Rub topically onto affected areas to help with joint, tendon, and ligament discomfort.
2. Have a thyroid issue like I do? Rub Lemongrass on your thyroid every day or take internally in a capsule to help support heathly thyroid function.
3. Insects hate the smell of Lemongrass and is great to use as an insect repellent! When I have an outdoor party, I like to put a diffuser blend outside and diffuse either TerraShield or a blend that has Lemongrass in it. It helps SO MUCH to keep the bugs away, plus it adds a delicious and energizing aroma to the air.
4. Lemongrass essential oil is great to use on sore muscles. Massage onto muscles after a long workout to help relieve any soreness and discomfort. It also helps to get rid of inflammation and is one of the most popular oils to use in massage therapy.
5. Relieve head or neck tension with Lemongrass. The calming and soothing properties can help relieve any discomfort, tension, and pressure that can cause head or neck tension.
7. The high amount of limonene found in Lemongrass essential oil can help kill germs and bacteria. Great to use in an all-purpose cleaner or on your body where unwanted pathogens may grow.
8. Naturally lower your cholesterol with Lemongrass essential oil! Taking Lemongrass internally has been shown to sustain good levels of triglycerides and reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body. This can help blood flow unobstructed in the arteries which can help prevent cardiac disorders.
9. Use Lemongrass essential oil to help with kidney stones and bladder infections! Take internally or rub on abdomen for help.
10. Lemongrass is great to use for digestive discomfort! I like to combine Lemongrass with Peppermint and rub on my stomach to help it settle and not be upset anymore. You will be amazed by the immediate results!
Bonus Tip! Lemongrass essential oil is GREAT to cook with and provides a subtle citrus flavor. It is mainly used in Asian cooking and can be added to soups, teas, curries, and meat. Try it the next time you cook. Just remember that less is more.