Melaleuca, also commonly known as Tea Tree, essential oil is among the top five essential oils every person should have at all times (also on the list is Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, and Frankincense). Melaleuca is the perfect first-aid oil and can help with so many everyday cuts, scrapes, and bruises. Melaleuca contains over 92 different compounds making it one of the most versatile essential oils on the market. Known for its purifying properties, Melaleuca can be used in homemade household cleaners, acne regimes, and to help boost your immune system. Here are the top 10 ways to use Melaleuca essential oil:
2. Melaleuca is great to use when you have a stuffy nose and can help open up your airways and help you breathe better. Just put 4-5 drops in a diffuser or apply topically over chest.
3. Like I said earlier, Melaleuca is the perfect first-aid oil. Apply on cuts and scrapes to help disinfect and speed-up the healing process. Just a warning that it will sting though!
5. Kill lice on the spot with Melaleuca. Put 3-4 drops in your shampoo, lather in your hair, and let it rest for 4-5 minutes before rinsing.
6. The aroma of Melaleuca is uplifting, grounding, and herbal. Diffuse to help you feel collected and confident.
7. Have a zit starting to make its grand appearance? Spot treat your acne with Melaleuca. Just put a small amount on each zit and watch the redness fade and dry up.
8. Do you experience seasonal allergies? If so, try taking Melaleuca internally to help with hives, rashes, and itchy eyes.
9. Sore throat? Rub Melaleuca on your neck and lymph nodes, put 1-2 drops in warm water and gargle, and put 4-5 drops in a diffuser to help cleanse the air. Melaleuca has your back!
10. Fun Fact: With 12 times the antiseptic power of phenol, Australian Aborigines have used Melaleuca for centuries, often crushing leaves in their hands and inhaling the aroma for colds and illnesses.