There is a good reason why Peppermint is one of the best sellers at doTERRA. It was actually the very first essential oil I tried and it was love at first sniff. The high amount of menthol in doTERRA Peppermint makes this essential oil extremely cooling and refreshing to the skin. Also, did you know that Peppermint is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint? #cool Check out the top 10 ways to use Peppermint essential oil:
1. Due to the high amount of menthol in Peppermint essential oil, it can be very cooling when applied to your skin. This cooling sensation works wonders whenever you are having head or neck tension, or an increase in body temperature. I like to add a drop to my fingertip and then apply directly to my temples and back of neck. Just make sure you don’t get in your eyes (speaking from experience)! It immediately helps to relieve my head tension. I also like to use Deep Blue for head and neck tension too.
2. It is no secret that the taste of peppermint helps to relieve nausea or an upset stomach. Peppermint essential oil is no different! When I am feeling nauseous, I like to rub Peppermint, along with DigestZen, on my stomach and put a drop of Peppermint essential oil (or a Peppermint beadlet) in my mouth. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times this combo has saved me!
3. Along with Peppermint being great for nausea, it is also great at getting rid of bad breath. Just put a drop under your tongue and enjoy the fresh cool breath.
4. Peppermint essential oil is great for your scalp and can help get rid of dandruff. Try using it in my Deep Hair Conditioner.
5. The invigorating and cooling aroma of Peppermint essential oil can help with difficulty breathing. Apply topically to chest and bottoms of feet to help open up your airways. This also helps if you have a cough or stuffy nose.
6. If you check out this post I did on Touring Italy with Peppermint essential oil then you will quickly realize how much I relied on Peppermint to help me with energy and jet lag. I was constantly applying it to my temples to help give me an energy boost and keep me awake and alert.
7. While Fennel essential oil can help increase your breast milk supply, Peppermint can be used to help decrease breast milk supply. Dilute and apply to breasts or take internally in a capsule.
8. I love adding Peppermint essential oil to my diffuser blends because it is so refreshing, sweet, and cooling to the senses. Try it in my Morning Hike Diffuser Blend, Rise & Shine Diffuser Blend, and Wakeup & Renew Diffuser Blend.
9. Rub on your stomach if you have an upset stomach or diarrhea. You will immediately feel it cooling your stomach and giving it that much needed relief.
10. Peppermint essential oil is DELICIOUS to bake with! It adds such a rich, sweet, herbal, and fresh taste without weighing down the other flavors. Try my White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Brownies.