Rose essential oil is known as the Queen of essential oils, and for good reason. The labor-intensive production process has a very low yield and takes nearly 1,160,000 rose petals to make 1 ounce of oil (30mL)! Plus, because the petals are so delicate, the distillation must happen the same day the flower is harvested. Crazy! However, from this labor of love comes one of the most intimate, romantic, and versatile essential oils. Want to know how you can get your hands on a bottle of Rose essential oil? See my side note at the bottom of the post.
Check out the top 10 ways to use Rose essential oil:
1. Rose essential oil is wonderful for your skin! Apply 1-2 drops to face, neck, and decolletage with a moisturizer to help even skin tone, reduce redness, and give your skin a healthy glow.
2. Rose is a natural aphrodisiac and can help increase a low libido. I like to diffuse one drop with my Love Potion #9 Diffuser Blend when I need help getting in the mood. 😉
3. Anyone who smells a rose knows that it is emotionally uplifting. That is why many of us can’t help but throw our face at fresh roses and give it a huge sniff (or am I the only one?!). Diffuse Rose essential oil first thing in the morning to promote energy and vitality. The uplifting aroma is an intriguing mixture of depth and complex sweetness.
4. Rose essential oil can help with irregular ovulation (hello PCOS!). Just rub on your abdomen every day to help balance hormones and get those eggs ovulating.
5. Not only can Rose help with women’s reproductive health, but it can also work with men’s too! If your man is dealing with low sperm count or impotency, have him rub Rose over his navel to help increase the count of his swimmers and his ability to maintain an erection.
6. Rose essential oil is great at clearing up skin imperfections. It works great on scars, acne, wrinkles, skin tone unevenness, and more. Just apply one drop to skin imperfections twice daily and watch your skin quickly have the complexion of your dreams.
7. The emotionally uplifting properties in Rose essential oil is great to use with people who suffer from grief or depression. Diffuse or apply topically on back of neck and over the heart to help promote feelings of hope, love, and positivity.
8. Rose essential oil is the perfect addition to this Rose Sugar Scrub as it can help balance moisture levels in the skin. Give it a try and thank me later!
9. Geraniol is one of the main chemical constituents of Rose essential oil and is known to be an effective mosquito repellent! Now, I’m not suggesting that you use your expensive Rose oil as a bug repellant (that is what the doTERRA TerraShield blend is for) but it is also nice to know that it is an option.
10. Rose essential oil not only helps balance moisture levels in the skin, but also supports the skin’s elasticity, reduces the appearance of skin imperfections, and promotes healthy and even skin tone. Make sure to check out this Rose Hand Lotion with Rose essential oil in it.
Side note: Whenever I was an employee at doTERRA, one of the most commonly asked questions was why you couldn’t purchase a bottle of Rose essential oil (even with a retail value of over $566. Crazy!). Unfortunately, due to the extremely labor-intensive and low yield of essential oil in roses, only a handful of bottles can be produced each year. I mean, it takes approximately 1,160,000 rose petals to produce only one ounce (30mL) of Rose essential oil! Also, because the petals are so delicate, the distillation must happen the same day that the flower is harvested. It’s a miracle that doTERRA can offer Rose at all! However, because of the shortage of bottles, doTERRA has decided that it is best to offer Rose essential oil as an enrollment promotion. In fact, they have a Rose promotion going right now! Sign up 10 new Wellness Advocates or Wholesale Customers January 1 – February 28 with a 100 PV enrollment order, have them process a 100 PV LRP order the following month of enrollment, and receive a 5 mL of Rose. You guys! It is so worth it to enroll 10 people for a bottle of Rose essential oil! So, what are you waiting for! Get enrolling!