Rosemary essential oil comes from the leaves of a rosemary bush and is commonly used as a popular kitchen herb. Cool fact, historically, rosemary was a favorite oil to drive away evil spirits. Rosemary essential oil is known for its renewing, refreshing, cooling, and cleaning properties and can help with anything from hair loss to memory. Check out the top 10 ways I like to use Rosemary essential oil:
1. Rosemary is excellent for the brain and memory. Rosemary essential oil can help enhance brain activity, cognitive performance, and relieve mental fatigue. Try diffusing Rosemary (or applying under nose or across forehead) the next time you need extra concentration and focus.
2. Rosemary essential oil is great for your hair and can even help with hair loss! Try it in some homemade herbal hairspray, hair wax, or this Beach Wave Salt Spray! For hair loss, apply directly to your scalp once a day.
3. Diffuse Rosemary essential oil with Basil essential oil to help with mental fatigue.
4. Use Rosemary essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a stimulating massage to help tired and stiff muscles. For best results, combine with Wintergreen essential oil.
5. Rosemary essential oil blends well with Wild Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, Basil, and Lavender essential oil. In need of some brain stimulation? Try diffusing 2 drops Rosemary, 2 drops Basil, and 3 drops Wild Orange together. Looking for a calming and balancing diffuser blend? Try diffusing 3 drops Rosemary with 2 drops Lavender.
6. Rosemary’s top chemical constituents are 1,8 Cineole and alpha pinene. Both of these constituents are known for their renewing and stimulating properties. They are also known to help repel insects.
7. Rosemary is excellent to use in the kitchen! It is wonderfully aromatic and flavorful yet not super overpowering. My favorite dish to use Rosemary essential oil is in my Honey-Mustard Baked Rosemary Chicken. I also love to use it in this Strawberry Rosemary Crostata.
8. Due to the renewing properties of 1,8 Cineole and alpha pinene, Rosemary is excellent in calming and uplifting your emotions. Diffuse Rosemary and Wild Orange together for a stimulating blend, or put Rosemary and Frankincense in your bath water for relaxation and rejuvenation.
9. Rosemary essential oil is a natural insect repellent. During your next hike or camping adventure, apply Rosemary to your open skin to help ward off unwanted pests.
10. When you are feeling anxious, try taking 1-2 drops of Rosemary essential oil internally. When taken internally, Rosemary can help reduce anxiousness, tension, and occasional sleeplessness.
I hope this post helped you learned something new about Rosemary essential oil! Give Rosemary essential oil a try and leave a comment letting me know your thoughts and experiences.