Thyme has been used for centuries to help with various things. In the Middle Ages, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before battle by ladies to help impart courage and placed under pillows to help ward off nightmares. It was also used by the Greeks as an incense in their temple and by the Egyptians during embalming. I love learning how herbs were historically used. I think it shows a glimpse at all of the wonderful ways you can use that herb as an essential oil and helps to open your mind to the power of mother nature and aromatherapy.
Just like in ancient thymes (get it?!), Thyme is just as valuable in the modern world. Check out the top 10 ways to use Thyme essential oil below:
1. Diffuse Thyme essential oil while studying or preparing for a meeting to help improve alertness, memory, and concentration.
2. Thyme is a common herb to use in cooking (especially with poultry). No need to worry if you don’t have fresh or dried Thyme on hand though, Thyme essential oil is wonderful replacement! Just start with a toothpick amount (put a toothpick in the essential oil bottle and then swirl in dish) and enjoy the fresh, herbal, and earthy flavor of Thyme.
3. Thyme essential oil is wonderful for your skin and can help reduce blemishes. Just apply a small amount of oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil on troubled areas every morning and night.
4. The antiviral properties of Thyme essential oil can help kill germs and bacteria around the home! When the family is sick (or as a preventative measure) diffuse Thyme or use in your All-Purpose Spray and spray on surfaces throughout your home.
5. Attention all men and women of the world!!! Thyme essential oil can help with hair loss! Can I get a Hallelujah! Put a drop or two in your daily shampoo and rub on your scalp throughout the day to help your hair from falling out and to help stimulate new hair growth.
6. Due to the high amount of thymol in Thyme, Thyme essential oil has amazing antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. This is oil to use when you have the cold or flu, or are worried about germs.
7. The herbacous, powerful, warm, and resolving aroma of Thyme essential oil can help with stress and depression. Diffuse aromatically to help de-stress and relax.
8. Thyme essential oil is a wonderful addition to any detox! Just take internally in a veggie capsule to help detox and wash unwanted toxins from body. You can also find Thyme essential oil in the Zendocrine Detoxification Blend!
9. Rub Thyme essential oil on sore muscles with Wintergreen essential oil to help reduce soreness and pain.