Lemon essential oil is one of my top favorite essential oils! Lemon makes just about anything taste, feel, and smell better. doTERRA Lemon is sourced from an grove in Italy and are grown by the most adorable Italian Family. The lemons are grown, harvested, and distilled by a family that has passed their farm down from generation to generation. It is an absolutely beautiful story and I am so happy to know that my Lemon essential oil comes from the best and most-loved Lemons in the world.
Here are my Top 10 Ways to Use Lemon Essential Oil:
1. Lemon is a cleaning powerhouse. It is great to use to help clean the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, floors, etc. The high limonene content in Lemon essential oil helps to leaves surfaces super clean. My favorite way to clean with Lemon is to put 15 drops in a 16-ounce glass spray bottle with a ¼ cup white vinegar and then top with distilled water. It leaves surfaces clean and smelling great. Best of all, it is completely natural so you don’t have to be paranoid about using dangerous chemicals in your house and around your family.
2. Lemon essential oil is the perfect natural air purifier. I like to diffuse it to help get rid of any funky orders that come up in my home. It helps to get rid of the odor instead of covering it up.
3. Lemon is awesome to cook/bake with. I don’t always have fresh lemons on hand and I hate using pre-packaged lemon juice because it never tastes fresh. So, whenever I am in this situation I always grab my Lemon essential oil. It is great because it is so strong but adds no moisture! So, you can flavor your favorite frostings, cookies, cupcakes, etc. without having to water them down! Stronger flavor with less water = win win.
4. Use Lemon essential oil to help keep your produce clean and crisp. When washing your produce, just put 1 drop on the fruit and wash and wipe clean. #yum
5. I hate HATE being sticky. Whether it is stickiness on my fingers or something sticky on my counters or phone, I need it off NOW. Lemon always does the trick. Just put one drop on the sticky area and wipe off. It is seriously a miracle worker. Just be careful when using on plastic. Lemon essential oil can sometimes damage cheap plastic bottles and containers. Make sure to do a small test patch first in case you are worried about using Lemon on a particular surface.
6. Everyone likes a good detox and Lemon is a great one. Lemon essential oil naturally cleanses your body without side effects! I like to put a drop of Lemon in my water or smoothie for easy use.
7. Lemon goes great with just about every diffuser blend. My favorite blend is 3 drops Lemon with 3 drops Peppermint. It is so refreshing and instantly gives you a pick-me-up.
8. Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint are renowned for their seasonal discomfort defending properties. I highly recommend diffusing these three oils and taking internally when your seasonal discomfort flairs up. Just put equal drops (1 drop Lemon, 1 drop Lavender, and 1 part Peppermint) into a veggie softgel. For even easier convenience, you can also purchase doTERRA TriEase Seasonal Softgels which are pre-made softgels that ready to use at your convenience.
9. Just as Lemon is great to use when cleaning counters, it is also fantastic at cleaning your glass and windows! For this, I just add 15 drops Lemon, 1 cup vinegar, and top with water in a 16-ounce glass spray bottle. I recommend using a microfiber cloth for the best results.
10. We all sometimes have a stinky garbage disposal. #amiright If I don’t have any fresh Lemons on hand to put down the disposal then Lemon essential oil always does the trick. Just put 3-4 drops in the disposal and then use as normal. You will instantly smell the fresh and clean smell.
ANNNND one more for good luck:
11. Lemon is great as a tarnish remover. I try to always protect my precious-metal jewelry by putting it in a tarnish-proof jewelry case, but sometimes I forget. When this happens, I just put a drop of Lemon on the tarnish and gently wipe with a cotton ball. Voila! Instantly clean and good as new.
Just a heads that Lemon is photosensitive. This means that Lemon can harm your skin if exposed to UV rays. Make sure to not put Lemon on your skin (even if it is diluted) if you are planning on getting any sun exposure. If you do put Lemon on your skin, make sure it is covered by clothing or that you don’t go into the sun for at least 8 hours.