White Fir essential oil is incredible! It is extremely versatile and is both stimulating and calming to emotions. White fir trees are commonly used as Christmas trees and are often used in construction due to its combination of strength, versatility, and beauty. White Fir essential oil comes from the needles of the tree resulting in a rejuvenating, fresh, and incredibly clean aroma. Check out the top 10 ways I like to use White Fir essential oil:
1. Due to the rejuvenating and clearing properties of White Fir essential oil, it can be a great complementary agent for those who suffer with asthma. Whenever you are experiencing shortness of breath, rub White Fir essential oil on your chest. You should be able to feel it immediately open up your airways. Of course, you should never replace White Fir with an inhaler if you have a prescription from a doctor. Eucalyptus should just be used in conjunction with any medication you may be on.
2. The calming properties of White Fir can greatly benefit tender muscles after exercise. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub on muscles to help reduce soreness.
3. White Fir pairs wonderfully with many other essential oils due to its fresh, woody, earthy, and sweet aroma. Two of my favorite diffuser blends with White Fir essential oil are 2 drops White Fir, 3 drops Wild Orange, and 1 drop Cassia essential oil (for a sweet and spicy blend) AND 2 drops White Fir, 3 drops Grapefruit, and 2 drop Citrus Bliss (for a sweet, uplifting, and refreshing blend).
4. White Fir contains antiseptic properties which can help eliminate germs in the air. If someone in your house is sick, diffuse White Fir to help the air stay clean so the germs don’t spread.
5. Constantly have cold hands and legs? Rub White Fir essential oil on your hands and legs to help increase circulation.
6. When stress and tension are high, diffuse or add a couple drop of White Fir to your shower to help evoke feelings of empowerment and energy.
7. Brain fog? I totally understand. Ever since I had my thyroid removed I constantly struggle with brain fog. It is THE WORST and I feel like I am just passing through life as a zombie. Thankfully, essential oils have helped reduce my brain fog immensely and White Fir is no exception. The energizing and uplifting aroma of White Fir helps to awaken your mind and reduce the fog. I also use Peppermint, Wintergreen, Spearmint, Citrus Bliss, Deep Blue Rub, Frankincense, and Douglas Fir to help with brain fog as well.
8. Because White Fir is often associated with Christmas trees and the holidays, it is great to use around the home to help bring in the holiday spirit. I like adding a drop or two on dried pine cones and placing them on my tree or around the home to help my home smell like a freshly cut Christmas tree (even though I use an artificial one).
9. White Fir essential oil is great at helping to open up airways. Make sure to always keep a bottle around during cold and flu season (like right now!) in case a loved one comes down with the bug. If someone is experiencing congestion, just dilute and rub on their chest to help open up their airways and help them breathe a little easier.
10. White Fir essential oil is also great to use in homemade cleaning supplies! You can add to your homemade All Purpose Spray or make your own Pine Floor Cleaner by mixing 5 drops Douglas Fir, White Fir, Cypress, and Lemon essential oil into a gallon of warm water with two tablespoons of liquid castile soap. You can then add this to a bucket and use to help mop your floors. You will love the shine, the cleanliness, and refreshing aroma.