Wild Orange essential oil comes from the rind of an orange and is cold pressed to help extract the oils. The main chemical constituent of Wild Orange is d-limonene which contains many wonderful cleaning and uplifting properties. The aroma of Wild Orange is sweet, tangy, refreshing, and perfect for just about every occasion. Here are the top 10 ways I like to use Wild Orange essential oil.
1. Anxiety- Wild Orange is an uplifting and renewing essential oil. If you are ever experiencing some anxiety, diffuse Wild Orange or put a drop in the palm of your hands and inhale. You will immediately be able to feel the amazing uplifting effects.
2. Detox- Similar to other citrus oils (like Lemon essential oil), Wild Orange can help detox your body of unwanted toxins. Simply add a drop or two to a glass of water (or in a veggie softgel) and drink.*
3. Emotional Support- The fresh and invigorating aroma of Wild Orange is great when you need some emotional support. The uplifting, sweet, and tangy aroma can help uplift your spirits even on your worst day. Try adding it to your diffuser or apply over heart and on pulse points.
4. Cooking- I LOVE cooking with Wild Orange. It is probably in my top 3 most-used essential oils I use in my cooking and baking. I love adding the flavor of Wild Orange to frosting, cookies, cupcakes, and more. However, all of the juice and water that comes out of using a nomral orange can water down the batter and will diminish the quality of the baked goods. Plus, the orange flavor is never strong enough for me. Replacing Wild Orange essential oil instead of orange juice is a win-win! You don’t get all of the moisture and water that you would with juice of an orange and you get a stronger flavor. Trust me, Wild Orange will become your best friend in the kitchen. Some of my favorite recipes are these Wild Orange Power Bites, Wild Orange Peanut Butter Sandwich, and Strawberry Coconut Creams.
5. Diffuse- Wild Orange goes perfectly in just about every diffuser blend. It pairs great with spicy, woody, and floral essential oils. If you ever feel like your personal diffuser blend is lacking- add Wild Orange! You can also try this Spikenard diffuser blend featuring Wild Orange or this Welcome Fall Diffuser Blend.
6. Clean screen- Wild Orange is fantastic at cleaning screens (while also killing germs). When my phone screen starts getting a little too grimy for me, I just put 1 drop of Wild Orange on a cotton ball and rub on my screen. It works wonderfully! Just be careful if you have a plastic phone protection cover. Wild Orange can ruin certain plastics so do a small test spot in an inconspicuous location first.
7. All-Purpose Spray- Due to the antibacterial properties in Wild Orange, it is perfect to use in your homemade All-Purpose Spray. Plus, it will add a delicious and fresh aroma to your home.
8. Wood Cleaner- Wild Orange is excellent in helping to maintain healthy wood finishes. For a wood cleaner, try mixing with a small amount of Olive Oil and rub on wood for a beautiful shine and finish.
9. Energy- Emily Wright swears by this routine for an afternoon pick-me-up, and I completely agree with her! Add 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Peppermint, and 1 drop Frankincense to the palms of your hands and inhale deeply. Then rub the oils on the back of your neck to help clear your mind and give you that much needed energy boost to finish your day with a bang.
10. Immune Support- The Chinese first recognized the value of the peel of an orange for treating coughs and colds. Since the essential oils are found in the peel of an orange, it totally makes sense! Due to the powerful cleaning properties of Wild Orange, it is excellent at helping your immune system. When you are feeling under the weather, just put 2-3 drops of Wild Orange in a glass of water or in a veggie capsule an take internally.